Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Wormhole Mining with D-Scan
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 123456
TOPIC: Wormhole Mining with D-Scan
Wormhole Mining with D-Scan 4 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 33
First of all, I don't recommend mining in wormhole space, even with this script, because there is no way for any program or person to do it safely. Determined people (like Wingspan) will sit cloaked in your system and wait for you to come back. At this point, it serves more as an example of how to have bots communicate/synchronize through VMs and interact basically with Eve using AutoHotkey.

So, I just thought I'd share this in case anyone wants to try it out. When I last used it a few months ago it worked perfectly. I just updated it a little to conform to the new Eve updates with the new D-Scan hotkeys. I haven't tried it out recently though.

This is built to allow your bots to use the D-Scanner to look for danger. It supports mining in groups of bots, even if they are on different VMs, where each bot shares whether the system is safe or dangerous. (Tank option doesn't work on different VMs, of course.) If one bot scans something that isn't a friendly, all of them will warp back to home. Once they warp back to home they will close eve and wait for 60 minutes or so before trying to log back in. Logging out is better because they are more likely to hang out cloaked at your POS if you are AFK there. But most of all, logging off clears the Local chat which is checked in case someone stupid talks.

Instructions: As with everything, test first in a safe space...
Install AutoHotkey AutoHotkey.com
Place the two files in your scripts folder. The easy way to open this is to go to EP's tools icon at the top, click the "Data Folder" button, and open the scripts folder.
Before running this, you need to configure two things in DScan2.ahk. Right click and edit it to set the correct paths for strLocalSettingsIni and strSharedSettingsPath.
Then, after EP is rebooted you can select the custom button and choose the WH Miner in the dropdown.
Next, setup the character's D-Scan window. Start the bot and pause it after it selects the character. Open the D-Scanner window and move it to a good place where a small part of the results section will never be covered by other windows. I have always put it at the bottom left. It doesn't matter if the button is visible, only part of where the results show.
Go to Eve's shortcuts, combat section, and set "Refresh Directional Scan" hotkey to Ctrl-Shift-S.
Create an overview group, via "Open Overview Settings", and call it whatever you want, like WH Dangers. Configure it so that it ONLY shows player ships and probes. When done, make sure to SAVE IT with whatever name!
In the D-Scan window, select the filter for the overview setting you just made. DO NOT put it on "Use Active Overview", as it would scan and find roids while it is mining.
In the Eve Pilot interface, go to the Tools icon at the top, in there click "Eve Settings Operations" and "Copy Current Eve Settings Locally". Now it will login with everything configured. (Copy Current Eve Settings Locally is by far the most handy utility BTW...)
The first time this is run on each bot, you need to be at the computer to configure the settings.
Login with each bot one at a time and follow the prompts, it is recommended to use copy/paste because it is case sensitive for the ship types and names.
I don't remember what the leader does, but it may be needed and definitely won't hurt anything. Just designate a leader because I said so... Or read the .ahk code and figure it out.
One of the setup prompts mentions probes, I never completed that part, so don't worry about it and say no.
When prompted, make sure to have your mouse over the small bit of the D-Scan results area that is never covered.

I forgot how to get anomalies working, I think you can only have one or two bookmarks or something, and there are some specific settings in the EP UI to select.

The forums won't accept the ".ahk" extension, so you'd need to change "DScan2.txt" to "DScan2.ahk" after downloading it. This was my first attempt at writing macros for EP, and I just wanted to get something working quickly, so if you can read code don't judge me too harshly.
File Attachment:
File Name: WH_Miner_1.txt
File Size: 5146

File Attachment:
File Name: WH_Looter_1.txt
File Size: 3157

File Attachment:
File Name: DScan2.txt
File Size: 20652
innominate
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/01/18 15:11 By innominate.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Wormhole Mining with D-Scan 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
Brilliant! Found a bug though in Dscan2. After Line 517 I had to remove all of the .'s yes all of them. It kept erroring out on me so i just deleted all the "." I could find after line 517.

I also went through and changed the amount of hostiles to 5. Since it takes 20 of them to blow me up, if I see less than 5 I aint sceered. But I do see 1 flying around all the time.

For update 2 I would suggest making a "Number of Hostiles allowed?" Variable. So we can choose 1 or 10 during setup.

Do I have to keep the shared folder open to communicate across VM's?
Minesalot
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2016/04/22 15:30 By Minesalot.Reason: Clarification on dscan file

Re: Wormhole Mining with D-Scan 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 33
Wow, so glad that someone is using it!

Bug - Line 517 is a } bracket, so I guess you made some changes, which is cool. Near 517 there are mostly MsgBox/ToolTip lines and things like below. So was it MsgBox/ToolTip AND below? (I suspect that we're using different AHK versions, and there are some version incompatabilities causing this.)
strProbeNameType := strUserInputProbeName . strUserInputProbeType
If I remember correctly, you can put a % after MsgBox/ToolTip so it makes things more traditionally coder friendly. (MsgBox, % "Please move your mouse to...")

Number of hostiles... Interesting I kept getting attacked by cloakers who'd call in backup. But with it running on 3 characters it really did do a good job of catching people on login and jump-ins. It was the dedicated people that got annoying. Are you in a frigate wormhole or something?

Have you found a way for it to automatically start working sites without having to manually bookmark them first? (Wish Bookmark functions gave ability to use INI to get belt number and whether to use Personal/Corp bookmarks. Also wish Create Bookmarks function was similarly updated.)

Shared folder open, yes, at least on my VMs. Without having a windows explorer window open, after VM boot, the script would often not find the shared path on the first attempts. I suspect that VMWare doesn't make a connection to the shared folder until needed, or that AHK doesn't have the necessary hooks to make that happen first. So yeah, my experience was to configure the windows options so that open folders persist between reboots, and just leave that window in the background.

(Technically, I think that the shared folder method could be used to make EP's Tank options work even across VMs with some custom scripting around the GroupMode function. However, the GroupMode looks like a black-hole. So... with the changes to mining gang links coming soon, I suspect I'm going to have to make custom scripts to create BMs and warp to BM X so all miners will be in the same place as the orca. This way a custom logic could be made to track how many cans are at which BMs, where the miners would add entries and the looter would remove them.)
innominate
Gold Boarder
graphgraph

I am using AHK 112305.

The error popup mentioned line 517. But all I did was remove any of the "."s in the tool tips, and the error went away.

Then with all of the sends for some reason my ctrl button sticks and would cause it to freeze and I would have 4,5 or 6 AHK tool tips. So I added a few ctrl up ctrl down anfter all the sends to simulate tapping the key a few times. Works perfectly for me. AHK fires up does its thing then tooltip goes away like it should. Miner out doing its thing.

I am in hi-sec. They use 15-20 destroyers to blow me up every 5-7 days. But not with this one.

Ok I keep the folder open just in case.
Minesalot
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Wormhole Mining with D-Scan 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 33
I never thought to use it that way. Pretty cool. Sounds to me like you're mining too close to a trade hub. Since I tweaked my fit and moved away from hubs... One character every 6 months is my average.
innominate
Gold Boarder
graphgraph

Yeah, I am going to be moving soon. Scouting out new spots the passed few days.
Minesalot
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123456
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2020
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin