Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Guide to Running EP on VMWare Workstation
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Guide to Running EP on VMWare Workstation
Guide to Running EP on VMWare Workstation 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 23
I have done this as quoted threads because I want the people who originally supplied the information to get the credit for it, I am merely collating the data.

WHERE & WHAT

TisOnlyMe wrote:
Here are the torrents for both.

VMWare Workstation 7.1.4 Build 385536
File Attachment:
File Name: VMWare_Workstation_v.zip
File Size: 11781

Windows Tiny7 Revision 2
File Attachment:
File Name: Windows_Tiny7_Unattended_Activated_x86___Sanpork_.zip
File Size: 14775

Obviously, if you find the above software meets your needs, you should buy the products. Software piracy is bad!! mkay!!!

viciv wrote:
Okay Here's how I got my Bot to run in Vmware.
1) Completely remove any VMware workstation/players, Unless you're running VMWare 7.1.4 Build 385536 or newer.
2) Download Windows Tiny7
3) Install Workstation, Install Windows Tiny.
4) Now that the installation is done make sure you download and install Direct X
5) Copy EVE over using shared folders, Or you can download VMware Workstation 5.5 Disk Mount Utility Mine copied it over in 7 minutes using shared folder.
6) Run eve once then exit. Now If you've ran the bot before on another computer you can copy the settings from your
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\d_program_files_(x86)_ccp_-_copy_eve_tranquility Folder to the same place on your vmware.
7) Now run the bot and make sure your First Run Wizard is not selected.

This works flawless on my system.
Specs:
Amd ANthlon 7750 Dual Core ~3.0ghz
4 gigs Kingston Hyperx 1066 ram
2 Nvidia 9800gtx x2 in sli.

Bots been running for over 14 hours now

Dinky wrote:

I use quite a powerful system for my miners & it is dedicated to this task only so the hypervisor system only has the bare minimum windows installed. No anti virus or other apps.

Core I5 2500K with 16Gb RAM. VMware 7.1 with VMTools. I only use the integrated GPU on the processor for the graphics & it works great. Don't forget to enable the Virtual support in the BIOS for the CPU as well.

The I5 & I7 CPU's rock for VM machines. (free Intel Plug)

I have given the miners there own VPN connection and currently run 5 VM computers each being allocated 2 Gb of RAM. See my earlier post about protecting your environment from CCP "police".

HOW TO:

Dinky wrote:
searchnetworking.techtarget.com.au/artic...for-virtual-machines

What you need to do in summary is to get one virtual machine running without issues. You then clone this virtual computer however many times you need a new virtual computer.

Under the VMware properties for each computer you need to use one CPU core per VM computer & allow 4 virtual computers to run on that core. Do this for each VM computer. If you had a processor with 4 CPU cores this would allow you to comfortably run 12 VM computers. You need to reserve one core for the host operating system. Whilst you could assign more Virtual machines per core you may run out of graphic resources. I would suggest anything from 1.4-2GB of RAM per VM computer.

Please also follow my advice on using VPN connections per VM computer as well.

Captain Obvious wrote:
ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=37212

no vt-x or vt-d... you probably would have some issues with it. all my boxes are VT available. so i can't be any real help on this.

HIDING YOUR IP

imabotterfreak wrote:
OK guys ... i am not exactly sure why you have 5 network cards.

a) the MAC address of your VM is "possibly" sent ... but its irrelevant as its randomly generated. The MAC address of your VM host machine is not ... as it would not be available to the IP stack in the VM OS (the VM's ARP stops at the virtual networking interface)
b) each VM has its own unique MAC address due to it being an emulated Intel 100mbit Eth card Driver (do an IPCONFIG /All and see for yourself)
C) your MAC is not sent past the last ARP requester in your network (i.e. your default gateway ... or in layman terms ... your router)
c) all the VPN stuff you guys are doing can be accomplished via software

the long and short of it is that you:

A) build a VPN connection to whatever service you want to go to
B ) bridge the connection to one of the VMWARE Virtual Ethernet cards on the host OS
C) NAT that interface with VMWARE (or even bridge it)
D) Profit !!!

Dinky wrote:
I will give you the benefit of my advice for what it is worth.

I currently run 4 miners & am installing the 5th this week.Only 2 currently have a VPN connection but I will be ordering 3 more VPN connections this week.

All of my last set of mining toons got banned. They were all running on the same IP address & running 23 hours per day.

I thought I'd ride out the ban for a few weeks then start again. I tried & the characters were all banned again for 4 weeks- any more bans & I would have lost the characters permanently. These miners were flagged by CCP as botters and came under very close scruntiny. I sold all of them & restarted.

The new miners run under a VMware computer, mine no more than 16 hours per day. All the VM computers have been customised as unique and the default data directories are not as the default install. I use custom station names & bookmark names as well & only mine for 2 hours per system per character. I firmly believe that CCP scan computers routinely looking for the default installation directories of botting programs. I also use a VPN connection on half of the clients currently & will soon get 5 VPN connection- 1 for each VM computer. If one of your bots gets detected CCP will ban all the characters on that IP address- dangerous for you- very dangerous.

I can't estimate how important a good VPN connection is per character- I'm risking a lot even running my 2 toons with no VPN as this IP address could lead CCP to my main characters. The VPN should cost you no more than 50 US dollars per year- still much cheaper than a sub to CCP.

IF YOU HAVE FURTHER UPDATES OR INFORMATION PLEASE ADD IT AND I WILL UPDATE THIS POST.

Did this post help you? then show your appreciation by sending me some karma!
TisOnlyMe
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/09/12 01:52 By TisOnlyMe.
The topic has been locked.
If I helped you, show your appreciation, send me some Karma.

Re: Guide to Running EP on VMWare Workstation 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 23
-- reserved --
TisOnlyMe
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

- reserved -
TisOnlyMe
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Bump
TisOnlyMe
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Guide to Running EP on VMWare Workstation 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm running into severe performance issues running VMWare Worksation version 8 which was recently released. The symptom is essentially that everything works fine for approximately 15-30 minutes, but shortly into a mining session the Eve client begins to experience massive lag which cripples Eve Miner.

The exact same hardware ran fine with 7.1, so I've got to assume it's something in this upgrade. I'll report back if I make any progress, but at this point in time I'd suggest avoiding going to v8.
mminer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Guide to Running EP on VMWare Workstation 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
mminer wrote:
I'm running into severe performance issues running VMWare Worksation version 8 which was recently released. The symptom is essentially that everything works fine for approximately 15-30 minutes, but shortly into a mining session the Eve client begins to experience massive lag which cripples Eve Miner.

The exact same hardware ran fine with 7.1, so I've got to assume it's something in this upgrade. I'll report back if I make any progress, but at this point in time I'd suggest avoiding going to v8.

Im experiencing the same thing with VMWare Fusion on my mac - i think it has something to do with CCP - they may have started to target VM running clients?
anarchy2007
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2020
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin