Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

new to trading and eve trader, need some help
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: new to trading and eve trader, need some help
Re:new to trading and eve trader, need some help 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I am very, very new to trading as well.

I have selected some things and did the market analysis on my region and come up with the image below. But honestly, I have no idea what to do next. I have very limited experience setting up buy orders and sell orders and I don't know what it means to find a 'good position'.

Can someone give me sort of a very step-by-step instructions on what to do with this? Once I see how it works once, I'll understand much better. Thank you in advance.
Ghent
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
.: Ghent

Re:new to trading and eve trader, need some help 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 821
Better if you move to Jita 4 Moon IV Caldari Navy Assembly Plant. You, probably, started to trade in some ststion without any orders of your positions besides one and have no choice.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re:new to trading and eve trader, need some help 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I have no idea what you just said Can you explain more please?
Ghent
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

So I went to Jita and ran the market analyzer there and came out with the attached screenshot.

I have no buy orders active. I have no sell orders active. Am I supposed to have either one? Is it supposed to tell me what to do next?

I am new to trading, I do not know how to work the market as a trader. Some basic guidance would be awesome and appreciated
Ghent
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:new to trading and eve trader, need some help 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 821
Select positions with:
- 1-4 competitors. Items usefull for trading should be popular and not overloaded with competitors. If you are sure that the item can be bought and sold use positions with 0 competitors also.
- at least 5% total profit. Market prices can fluctuate and +-5% price change per day is usual thing. To avoid situation when you purchased items which just dropped in price better to select positions with higher profit like 5+%
- sort columns by profit/competitor ration and select positions with higher then 50m/day profit per competitor.

Then install buy orders of selected items and start trader. Trader will update your orders. Make sure you understand how trader works. There are some filters you should set to get not scammed by other players. Later you will have some items you bought. Install sell orders and sell your items at the same station and higher price. Difference is yours.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Slav2 wrote:
Select positions with:
- 1-4 competitors. Items usefull for trading should be popular and not overloaded with competitors. If you are sure that the item can be bought and sold use positions with 0 competitors also.
- at least 5% total profit. Market prices can fluctuate and +-5% price change per day is usual thing. To avoid situation when you purchased items which just dropped in price better to select positions with higher profit like 5+%
- sort columns by profit/competitor ration and select positions with higher then 50m/day profit per competitor.

Then install buy orders of selected items and start trader. Trader will update your orders. Make sure you understand how trader works. There are some filters you should set to get not scammed by other players. Later you will have some items you bought. Install sell orders and sell your items at the same station and higher price. Difference is yours.

Wonderful! Exactly the information I was looking for. I'm loving the trader so far, I've noticed some small issues, which I will be sure to write to you. Also a small feature request
Ghent
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2024
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin