Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Abyss Hunter Flying out of bounds
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Abyss Hunter Flying out of bounds
Abyss Hunter Flying out of bounds 7 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 6
Hi Slav,

I have made extensive runs, maybe 300+ to watch the bot closely. I can't upload all the files because there's too many. Hopefully you know where in the algorithm all these things are happening.

General notes; Abyss Hunter is regularly flying out of bounds. He doesn't target multiple targets efficiently. I had to pause and setup auto target in settings. Sometimes he goes through the quick-targeting lots of frigates but he is generally going very slow.

TLDR - Give option to only orbit cache when all targets are inside range.

My suggestion;
- More focus on orbit bio
- If drones are set as main DPS then like with mining use the same keep range function for asteroids. Know what I mean? Between target and exit gate the bot should be able to keep gate and karybdis for example inside control range.
- Can you make better explanation for drone damage or give option to ignore drones damage. Sometimes bot goes into cycle returning drone before he shoots even 5 times then timer finishes and gila dead
- multi-lock function needs to kick in sooner. Not just based on frigates.
- priority attack needs option to continue to biocache, not make straight for target. Orbiting karybdis for example pushes ship outside play zone.
Pronator
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Abyss Hunter Flying out of bounds 7 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 757
1) In previous version of algorithm bot tried to keep NPC and cache at minimal range. As a result it could enter endless loop trying to get closer to cache then to NPC. If NPC get out of attack range during the process, especially if mwd fitted, bot failed to kill NPC.

2) I introduced maximal distance between ship and cache to start orbitting cache. This distance increases every time by 5km when bot have to orbit cache till absolute maximum. If we set absolute maximum too low, bot will repeat (1), if too high, bot will exit out of zone. Exiting out of zone is not so dangerous if you use launchers/guns as main weapon and dont use mwd. Afterburner is OK. Bot can understand type of incoming damage and return to zone asap. In case of drones they get fast damage here. I would recommend to increase drone control range as many as possible.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: Abyss Hunter Flying out of bounds 7 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
I can confirm such problem. It happens from time to time.

2Slav: I would suggest impement this strategy:

1) start with orbitting heavy cruisers (Abyssal overmind, Karybdis etc) and send drones to attack cruiser(s)
2) attack smaller ships with rockets meanwhile
3) while in oribt with HC and smaller ships dead - switch all weapons to HC
4) if (range to cache > 50km) or (ship speed > 1000)
do stop_ship and orbit to cache and spam engage drone attack button
Ale
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Abyss Hunter Flying out of bounds 7 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 757
Just checked, absolute maximum distance is selected as 50km. Bot cannot scan for ship speed. Send me log file with text "damage from abyss detected" to check how algorithm worked.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2021
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin