Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Just a heads up
Just a heads up 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 1
Hey guys,

Please be advised that I am not blaming the macro or any other than me, because I just overdid it a bit while I was mining 16-17 hours a day, every day the last 3 months and I would like to share my experience with you

Specifically, last Friday I got a message that CCP had banned for 3 days all 4 of my accounts that I was using macro. The weird thing is that they banned 2 more accounts that I was not using any macro, but they have logged on from the same PC. TBH, on of those accounts I was using it 3 years ago before I created a new one. So I got all of my 6 accounts banned for 3 days, while they all run on VM clients.

That been said, any clues what might have happened there, besides the 16-hour daily mining? How come and they banned my other two accounts and how they traced my account that I was using macro 3 years ago? Coincidence?

Now I think I will transfer those chars to new accounts or trade them in EVE forums.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and I know for sure that none of this can be really answered
STALLI0N
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Just a heads up 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 11
You obviously ran the bot way too long. 12 hours should be the absolute maximum in my opinion and between 6 to 8 hours is the best to be safe. As for why you got banned on accounts you didn't bot with, CCP doesn't care. they banned all accounts coming from the same IP address as the bots. It does not matter how many VM's you use, how many real PC's you use, or any of that nonsense if CCP can just look at where the data is coming from and see it all shares the same origin.

How to keep CCP from knowing your VM accounts aren't related to your real accounts: Use a VPN. It's really that simple. Download Nord, surfshark, or some other VPN that supports windows 7 (PIA does not). Run the VPN on each VM, not on the host machine. I personally don't suggest surfshark as they've shit the bed on me twice within 1 week and exposed my bots accounts as coming from the same IP address as my non bot accounts. Make sure whatever VPN you use has a killswitch that will sever your VM's internet connection the moment the VPN disconnects for any reason, this will prevent your VM from using your real IP address in case the VPN has some issues (and they always do at some point).

Those accounts are now know bot accounts to CCP and they'll likely catch you again if you go beyond 8-12hrs per day. I suggest selling the characters off, pocketing the isk, and transferring everything to your main. When you make new bot accounts do the industrial storline missions until you get the venture and then abandon them. Mine up for a plex (it'll take a while) and then you get into a proc. You don't want to send isk from any account that has been banned to your new bot accounts as CCP can easily see that and recognize they are new accounts of yours. If you really want to start your new accounts with a bit of isk, have it set up a "scam" contract like you see in jita all the time, like 1 plex for 1.5b but title it something like "1 month plex only 1.5b". After that though never transfer isk/items between them.

I could keep going into more detail but I'll end it here. Good luck
Killara
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Just a heads up 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 1
Well said Killara. These are indeed some very nice tips and definitely the VPN setup is a must do, as it seems.

Didn't know about the character transfer though, as I was thinking of doing it to new accounts of mine. But now I should consider selling them instead.

Thanks again and stay safe
STALLI0N
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2021
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin