Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Innominate's Tips, Tricks, and Mods
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Innominate's Tips, Tricks, and Mods
Innominate's Tips, Tricks, and Mods 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
Forward: Because I tire of answering the same questions that repeatedly come up, I decided to go through my old posts and make a tips and tricks thread for easy reference. (A great deal of thanks is due to the many other contributors, most of which are present in the linked items below.) Almost all of these are Mining specific.

General Tips:
  1. Before you ask questions, read all of this post and the Eve Pilot FAQ. It will tell you how the bot works. Don't be lazy. You are not a special snowflake...

2. Safe Botting tips. Read it!

3. CCP's GMs try to contact new players within the first few weeks. These GMs are not bot hunters and probably sitting in different room.

4. Problems and workarounds

Features Already Requested:
  1. Mining Drones: REQUESTED A LOT... It is not included or supported, but you can make it yourself. (I'm not going to share because it would mean we all flood the market and see negligible profit.)

2. Mobile Tractor Unit support: Very complex problem. and Not likely to happen.

3. Mining Crystal switching is complicated and would have to be done within the EP code.

Eve Pilot Account Questions:
  1. Eve Pilot Licenses: You can move your license to any character on any account whenever you like, up to once per day. So if your bot gets banned, you can move that same license to a new character without having to buy another Eve Pilot license.

2. Banned! What to change: Best to reinstall OS and change everything (login name, computer name, MAC and IP address must be changed).

Eve Pilot Bot Types and Income/Time:
  1. Miners require the least amount of time and can earn 50-120M/day with Looter (30* 8Hrs = 1.5-3.6B).

2. Least likely to be banned. Couriers can earn over 4B per month doing level 4 missions, but require more effort to find the most profitable way to convert LP into ISK.

3. HuntBot: (I have no idea, but will add it if Slav2 gives me the info.)

4. AutoTrader is like the easy button for ISK. (With perfect Connections/BrokerRelations/CorpStanding) Starting with 1-2B should earn 300M or more per day in Jita. At 40B profit should be around 800M to 1.2B per day. You do compete with other botters. However the bot detect the number of competitors for an item and only trades it if there are 3 competitors or less. This also means you can have multiple with a low likelihood of them competing with each other. (It is best to use the Courier bot to max skills and corp standings before use with AutoTrader.)

5. Eve Trader Testomonials (Regular) requires the most work but has much higher potential profits.

6. Laundering ISK

7. Don't get too greedy. Don't be botting too many hours a day and avoid gaining/moving large amounts of ISK in a short amount of time. Spread the wealth over your bots and transfer smaller amounts when needed. All that ISK is still yours even if it isn't on your main account.

Optimal Mining Progression:
  1. 3 Miners + Looter Versus 4 Miners: I recommend 4 miners because yield is about the same, but with Looter if it crashes you you lose 100% of the ore until you notice. 5th license should be looter.

2. Miasmos Looter: Supports lots of miners.

Eve Pilot Settings:
  1. You can permanently tweak your Eve settings without a first run, like hotkeys or asteroids in overview. Start EP as you normally would and once it has logged into the eve character, pause and close Eve Pilot. Be careful you don't change something and break the bot. In Eve change whatever you want. X out or close Eve normally. Open Eve Pilot, use EVE Settings Operations to save the eve settings you just changed. (Best to backup/save your settings (same link) first in case you mess up.)

2. You can backup and swap out Character Eve Pilot settings folders by going to %localappdata%\MacroLab\Eve Pilot\.

3. Looter Stays In Belt Til Full (Algorithm)

4. Anomaly Mining: See the FAQ and make sure the station bookmark (like '000-Station') will go first and anomaly bookmark (like '001-Anomaly') is always second when sorted by name.

5. Fleet:Don't use mining range boosts because the bots will sit idle if they aren't getting boosts any more, which can happen very easily.

VMWare:
  1. VMWare Setup Guide: So you can keep using your computer while the bot(s) are running.

2. Since multiple miners running on the same VM/PC compete for attention, if you suspect this is resulting in reduced yield/income, think about using Blind Miner and changing DT/HP timer to 10 seconds to help mitigate. Without it, some people have reported reduced income by about half because only one bot can act at any given time. ALSO it is obvious to CCP that you at least multi-box (not against rules) but is another red flag that CCP can data mine to look for botters. Many people do this just fine with no trouble, though! The decision is yours.

3. Slav2's VMWare startup tool

4. Minesalot's VM Manager (Not Tried)

5. Starting EP automatically on VM Boot is easy.
    Warning: Spoiler!

PC Recommendations for multi-botting with VMWare:
  1. If you can play Eve on it, then Eve Pilot will work. My 4 year old computer runs 5 bots with each in a separate VM.

2. CPU: The processor will be your bottleneck. So if you want to have more than 4 bots, get a nicer one with at least 4 cores. If I were to choose my CPU again I'd get an i7-4790k ($340) because Hyperthreading makes a big difference for the extra $100. My i5-4690k ($240) will run 5 to 8(OCd) bots at the same time.

3. GPU: A video card is necessary, but isn't hit hard. My OLD GeForce 600 series runs 5 bots just fine. If shopping for one now, a $100-$300 GPU should let you run 10 bots, CPU/RAM permitting. (Or just get whatever will run the newest game you play and you'll be fine.)

4. RAM: Needed GB = 3 + (1.5 * [Bots]). 16GB will support about 7 bots.

5. HD: Currently 40GB per bot (with Eve's size), but 50GB per bot and you'd never have to worry. So a 1TB drive will do just fine. Note: The HD is hit HARD when VMs boot and when loading into Eve, like 100% load for 20-60 seconds for a single bot. For all gaming PCs, I recommend having the OS installed on a separate SSD with at least 120GB.

Eve Settings:
  1. Eve Window Position: If the bottom or the sides of the window aren't view-able on the screen, Eve Pilot can't see them either. Up the screen resolution a tad or change the task bar to be on the right and auto-minimize.

2. Eve/Pilot starts to freeze or eats up all the RAM - Try Interval One instead of Interval Immediate in the first run settings. (Some video cards try to max out FPS on Immediate)

3. Have Log-Off timer end DURING down-time so bot knows ore respawned.

Mining Ships To Use:
  1. Start with Procurer and Skiff. The others get popped infinitely more often. Botting is about saving time, not manually refitting ships while thinking about how much mining time you lost because the bot was popped and unable to mine for 6 hours last night.
Warning: Spoiler!

Customizing Eve Pilot's Algorithms:
  1. How I learned to make my own algorithms.

2. See my "Corp Bookmarking Miners" mod below for an easy to follow example. Coded/Integrated within a few hours.

Eve Pilot Mods:
  1. Corp Bookmarking Miners

2. Inventory Window (Move Anything Anywhere) [Work In Progress]

3. Wormhole Mining with D-Scan. (Good reference/example of how to make bots communicate between VMs) (Mining in Wormholes is not worth trying, IMO)

4. Mining Drones [Not Sharing]

5. Pick-Up Artist Custom Algorithm

6. Functional Mining Drones by Minesalot
innominate
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/05/20 03:08 By innominate.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Innominate's Tips, Tricks, and Mods 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
Updated to make it easier to read.
Added "PC Recommendations for multi-botting with VMWare"

Please give feedback and recommend topics/content that I should add.
innominate
Gold Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Innominate's Tips, Tricks, and Mods 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 728
Starting EP on VM boot is easy. Drop to startup folder shortcut of EP with parameters in command line:

evepilot.exe /a /300 /n2

/a - will instruct EP to start automatically
/300 - delay in seconds to load OS and internet connection. You see not responding icon in task bar during this delay only.
/n2 - useful for VMs parameter to reduce the number of clients loaded to memory, n2 will load one client, nX will load X-1 clients.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>CCP's GMs try to contact new players within the first few weeks. Best not to do heavy botting and to respond to them as quickly as possible.
I have never had any problems with them. These GMs are not bot hunters and probably sitting in different room
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Banned!...
Best way to reinstall OS and change everything (login name, computer name, MAC and IP address must be changed).
Windows version/type really last option you need to change. There are a lot of similar cracked OSs used to play eve. I doubt CCP can use this somehow to find bot.
Autotrader profit will depend on ISKs you have. Use 40 bils and your profit will be 0.8-1.2b/day
While using anomaly miner you should make sure that station bookmark will go first and anomaly bookmark is always second when sorted by name. Dont need to delete another bookmarks:

000-Station
001-Anomaly
AnotherBookmark1
YourBookmark2
Disagree that if you use 2 miners on the same PC your income will drop by half per window. Use blind miner and increase DT/HP timer till 10 sec and bot will need to switch eve clients less frequently. This is valid for real PCs. VMs may additionally lag and I did not make any measurements.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: Innominate's Tips, Tricks, and Mods 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
Slav2 wrote:
Autotrader profit will depend on ISKs you have. Use 40 bils and your profit will be 0.8-1.2b/day.
What about the best number of order slots to use? Have any data on whether 100+ is better/worse/same?
innominate
Gold Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Innominate's Tips, Tricks, and Mods 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 728
Disable autoupdate market in first run wizard settings, redo first run with a control that bot unticked this setting (market sometimes lagging if opened for the first time) and bot will update orders really fast. The more orders the better in my opinion. 100 will be updated in less then 30 minutes in my opinion, so it is absolute minimum to start.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: Innominate's Tips, Tricks, and Mods 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 16
Sorry, so you're saying if we disable auto-update market and re-do the first run, the bot will update orders really fast? Will it suffer any negative consequences from not auto-updating the market?
AbbadonDespoiler
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2020
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin