Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VMware 7 Eve stutters in windowed mode
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: VMware 7 Eve stutters in windowed mode
Re: VMware 7 Eve stutters in windowed mode 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok so after more observing i recognized that the fps drop always comes right before the bot moves the mouse or uses a keybind.

I guess it happens when it reads data from the screen.

Any ideas are appreciated.
innriwins
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VMware 7 Eve stutters in windowed mode 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I too am experiencing this issue. The OS is fast an responsive as is EVE when run without EP. This seems to be an issue with EP in the VM.

And my system is barely moving off idle when running the VM so it's not a host issue.
Infiniteloop
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: VMware 7 Eve stutters in windowed mode 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I've been researching the problem and I found out that there is a lot of people with the same issue since 2012!
communities.vmware.com/thread/343266?start=0&tstart=0

What they describe in the forum is exactly what is happening to me.

I have set the interval to immediate and it kind of fixed, the problem is that stations and some other presets are not loading in the overview the first time the ship undocks , so the bot stays outside the station for a long time waiting for it to appear in the overview, then i just click on the station and dock so the bot can continue.

I' installed Vmware Player 6.0.1 on top of workstation 8.0.1, installed everything from 0 and the problem persisted.

My first guess for the cause was vmware tools and its drivers, which some posts in the link above also comment about it.

I'll continue my search for a fix, probably changing drivers? I don't even know if that is possible in vmware.

EDIT: I've just fixed the bugs I was experiencing by enabling "Virutalize CPU performance counters" and "Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD V/RVI", no more lags, and the bot is 100% faster now. I have no idea of what these options do, but they fixed it, and that is all that matters.
brenosilver
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/03/06 18:50 By brenosilver.

Re: VMware 7 Eve stutters in windowed mode 7 Years ago Karma: 1
I too can confirm that running Interval Immediate with CPU Counters and VT-d makes the bot 100% usable again, however, when I set EP to use interval immediate in the shared settiings it has no effect in game, even after doing a first run. I've also tried pausing during first run and changing it which also didn't work.

This means that every time the bot restarts EVE it goes back to immediate one, where it does all sorts of crazy stuff including loosing me several sets of T2 drones each day.

I feel this is close to being solved, perhaps with a little input from Slav2
Infiniteloop
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: VMware 7 Eve stutters in windowed mode 7 Years ago Karma: 1
You have to manually pause the bot during first run and select immediate mode. BTW it will fix the stutter problem, the other two options that you select on VMWare are for if you experience some bugs in the game, like speed gauge frozen, stations disappear from the overview.
brenosilver
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: VMware 7 Eve stutters in windowed mode 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
i know this thread is a bit old. but you can set intermediate mode in first run setting within eveminer.

i will try this now if this will fix the problem.
prc2k10
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2021
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin