Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New basics - what now is the best ship to mine
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: New basics - what now is the best ship to mine
New basics - what now is the best ship to mine 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
... In high sec for non Ice ore (Veld etc)???
dil
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New basics - what now is the best ship to mine 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
In my opinion the retriever, its got the biggest ore hold for the mining barges, but the 2nd tier exhumer is probably the best. I don't know what it's called.
valek879
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: New basics - what now is the best ship to mine 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 25
The Mackinaw will gather about 15% more ore per hour than the Retriever but costs 7 times as much to buy and outfit. I am staying with the Retriever.

The Hulk still has the highest yield per minute if you are using jetcans.
ComalDave
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Number of player kills bot has made: 23 Number of ships lost: 5
Earning 7.6M ISK/hr plagioclase + 7.9M ISK/hr scordite mining 95% of time using Retrievers. 8/23/2012.
Send me Karma if I helped.

Re: New basics - what now is the best ship to mine 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Wait, what? Did something happen that made Hulks worse than retrievers? I still mine using several clients in a fleet (all hulks, not using jetcans) and all hulks.
justaminer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: New basics - what now is the best ship to mine 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 25
justaminer wrote:
Wait, what? Did something happen that made Hulks worse than retrievers? I still mine using several clients in a fleet (all hulks, not using jetcans) and all hulks.
Retrievers now have a large ore hold that takes 30 minutes to fill. Hulks have a small ore hold that takes 7 minutes to fill. The Retriever spends more time mining and less time travelling back and forth from the station. Mining vessels are no longer made out of tissue paper and tin foil so it is much safer to mine now.
ComalDave
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Number of player kills bot has made: 23 Number of ships lost: 5
Earning 7.6M ISK/hr plagioclase + 7.9M ISK/hr scordite mining 95% of time using Retrievers. 8/23/2012.
Send me Karma if I helped.

ComalDave wrote:
justaminer wrote:
Retrievers now have a large ore hold that takes 30 minutes to fill. Hulks have a small ore hold that takes 7 minutes to fill. The Retriever spends more time mining and less time travelling back and forth from the station. Mining vessels are no longer made out of tissue paper and tin foil so it is much safer to mine now.

How long has this been true for?
justaminer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2020
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin