Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problems and workarounds
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Problems and workarounds
Problems and workarounds 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 728
ARMOR TANKING

Found a problem when user sets armor tanking mode and high EWO level (lets say 95%). Damage of an armor is persistent damage, it will not heal itself after station visit. If you set high EWO level, it is necessary also set repairer to activate at the level higher then EWO (in this case activation level should be 98%) and to stop armor repairer need to set deactivation level at 99%.
Slav2
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The topic has been locked.
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Problems and workarounds 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 728
Miner is "sleeping" when you open logger. Eve window closed.

Main reason for this behavour is that miner found no asteroids in the system to mine and is waiting till the next DT:

- You have few bookmarks and there are really no asteroids
- You have activated avoid PC function and bot marked all belts as avoided or empty. Avoided status of the belt acts like empty status for timeout defined in settings.
- You deactivated maneuvering, bot cannot move in belt and if all asteroids out of optimal range of lasers measured from warp in point, bot also mark this belt as empty.
- In case of a lag, bot warps to belt but does not see any asteroids in overview after warp. Usual case if you mine ice, because there are lot of miners in ice belt.

Solutions:
- Add more bookmarks and even better solution - activate traveling and use several systems to mine in. If you dont want to mine in several systems, add the same system twice to the traveling route and activate traveling.
- In case of a lag. Add delay after warp in maneuvering tab. This delay is not added every time when you warp in but only when miner does not see asteroids in the belt.

Another reasons:
- You have relogin delay and bot relogged eve and waiting for some time before eve start.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/19 23:55 By Slav2.

Eve is crashing after every fight. Drones left in space.

Solution: This is usuall outcome if you define to use active tanking mode and dont define position of shield or armor repairer in settings. Define repairer or switch to passive tanking mode.

If you drone left in space when you warp out, check that drone window is not half transparent and redo first run if so.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2014/03/20 02:27 By Slav2.

PI addon does not start when using with miner.

Solution: In default algorithm you need to define "idle" timer in order to start PI while this timer is in effect. This was made for compatibility with milticlient while using in 0.0 systems.
Slav2
Admin
graph

Re: Problems and workarounds 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 728
This is not a problem, but really frequently asked question. How to make custom settings in eve: define new window position or add quickbar items and so bot will use them on every eve start.

A1: Bot creates settings during first run and never change them later. So if you need to add custom settings, pause bot (control+p) at the end of first run (e.g. when bot just docked to station), reposition windows or add other settings, then unpause bot (control+p again). Let first run finish normally.

A2: If you dont want to remake whole first run. You need to start bot using continue button and pause it when bot start required client and completely login it. Close bot. Add in game settings to eve client and close it too. Start bot again and select required client where you want to save settings. Then go to menu->tools->eve settings operations button. Check that correct client selected and press "copy settings to client".
Slav2
Admin
graph

Re: Problems and workarounds 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 728
Outdated. Now you can use eve launcher to update eve automatically. If you have problems with launcher read this.

Reminder: You must use latest eve with bot. Bot does not update your eve automatically! If bot cannot login, check if eve opened "Incompatible client" messagebox? If so you need to update eve manually and check if bot works again.

Every time eve updates, you should not run bot unattended and in case of a problem remake first run wizard. Every eve patch may break bot and depending on changes, I need several days to fix bot. The only you need to do is to look in my profile on the forums and check if I posted short message that I am aware of the problem. While I work on the patch and till release new working version of the bot, I dont offer any support via forums or mail and dont make refunds. I usually work more then 15h/day when bot is broken. Just wait patiently for new release.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2014/03/20 02:29 By Slav2.

Go to topPage: 123
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2020
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin