Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

3.11.4-5 version bug reports
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1...345678910
TOPIC: 3.11.4-5 version bug reports
Re: 3.11.4-5 version bug reports 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I think the tooltip is a great feature. I was just curious if you had a fix for it not displaying. No biggie, I switched computers and it works on the other one. One was nVidia, the new one is ATI, maybe the drivers handle it differently. A button to disable would probably be good so there isn't an issue.
ejbvanc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The topic has been locked.

Re: 3.11.4-5 version bug reports 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 745
Dont know why tooltips not showing. You may try to disable transparency first.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: 3.11.4-5 version bug reports 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Slav,
i'm writing here too, just to let others know about my tests.
As i told you i've tried in a win 7 64 bit and eve doesn't start at all, so i can't test pilot there.
I have only this VM with XP to test and i have made a discovery! (i'll shortly send the log)
When in the first run without wizard it tries to drag the upper cargohold border to the top of the window it clicks BEFORE the mouse is stopped over the upper cargohold border!
I'm sure about that: i raised all the delays and slowered the mouse speed to 100 and set 5000 for mouse pressure delay and i can see for sure that my camera is MOVING downward when the mouse stops over the border! the same way it should move if i cliked mouse on open space and moved it downward..... so this is the proof that EVE receives the click when the mouse is still moving downward!!! (when it is passing over my ship, and not yet over the cargohold border) that's why it cannot drag the border: because when the mouse reaches the border, the LeftClick has already been pressed so the border can't be taken and the camera moves (a bit downward and then upward till the mouse reaches the top of the eve-window)!!
Maybe in faster system this is not a problem but maybe that in a Virtual Environment it can raise my misclicks problems.... could you add a check before performing clicks to check to be in the right place with mouse stopped? ....or just suggest some parameters chang to try...
duccio
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/07/15 06:42 By duccio.

Re: 3.11.4-5 version bug reports 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 745
duccio wrote:
As i told you i've tried in a win 7 64 bit and eve doesn't start at all, so i can't test pilot there.
I have only this VM with XP to test and i have made a discovery! (i'll shortly send the log)
When in the first run without wizard it tries to drag the upper cargohold border to the top of the window it clicks BEFORE the mouse is stopped over the upper cargohold border!
I'm sure about that: i raised all the delays and slowered the mouse speed to 100 and set 5000 for mouse pressure delay and i can see for sure that my camera is MOVING downward when the mouse stops over the border! the same way it should move if i cliked mouse on open space and moved it downward..... so this is the proof that EVE receives the click when the mouse is still moving downward!!! (when it is passing over my ship, and not yet over the cargohold border) that's why it cannot drag the border: because when the mouse reaches the border, the LeftClick has already been pressed so the border can't be taken and the camera moves (a bit downward and then upward till the mouse reaches the top of the eve-window)!!
Maybe in faster system this is not a problem but maybe that in a Virtual Environment it can raise my misclicks problems.... could you add a check before performing clicks to check to be in the right place with mouse stopped? ....or just suggest some parameters chang to try...
I will add tuneable mouseclick delay between mouse movement and mouse click. At the moment there is delay after mouse click only. It seems eve needs time to translate real mouse movement into internal coursor movement. When mouse start to produce mouseclick, eve change the coordinate of mouseclick (despite implicit declaration of coordinate) to the position of internal coursor.
Slav2
Admin
graph

Re: 3.11.4-5 version bug reports 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey
I saw at the beginning of this thread where it was talking about start up issues and then it went to vmware and stayed there.

I on the other hand am very unlucky and cannot even get firstrun to finish. i doesnt even log in my character.

first run log is attached. pretty length but i let it run till it came up with an error.

also it wont even input my character info. at all.
File Attachment:
File Name: Debugger_3-20110722.txt
File Size: 97482
dudeomg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: 3.11.4-5 version bug reports 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 745
What is eve resolution when it starts for the second time? Sometimes eve cannot set windowed mode and 1024*768 resolution at the same time. If you see this during first run when eve set resolutions need to pause bot (control+p) set correct resolution/windowed mode and unpause bot. Make screen from the moment when bot cannot login.
Slav2
Admin
graph

Go to topPage: 1...345678910
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2021
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin