Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12345678...12
TOPIC: Timers - Explanation?
Re: Timers - Explanation? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
I think timer is bugged...I mean...I'm trying to set this thing correctly for 1 month and i'm still not there...

I want it to run from 12:00 to 16:00 pause then from 18:00 to 23:00 with every 4~5 hours intervals of 25~35 mim.

This is my 4th setting I went through.

1) Start at: 23:00 Till 12:00
2) Start at: 16:00 Till 18:00
4)Eve on: 240 ---- 300 Off: 25 --- 35

at this setting bot after 10 mim on enters in logoff 4, and it is not starting at the desired time.

Please someone could draw it for me??? goshh =/

Thank you so much!
brenosilver
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/06/26 16:49 By brenosilver.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Timers - Explanation? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
brenosilver wrote:
I think timer is bugged...I mean...I'm trying to set this thing correctly for 1 month and i'm still not there...

I want it to run from 12:00 to 16:00 pause then from 18:00 to 23:00 with every 4~5 hours intervals of 25~35 mim.

This is my 4th setting I went through.

1) Start at: 23:00 Till 12:00
2) Start at: 16:00 Till 18:00
4)Eve on: 240 ---- 300 Off: 25 --- 35

at this setting bot after 10 mim on enters in logoff 4, and it is not starting at the desired time.

Please someone could draw it for me??? goshh =/

Thank you so much!

I am having this same problem as well. I thought I had my schedule setup correctly also, but it keeps deciding to goto bed shutdown for the night way to early.... I wonder if we should set our local time to same time as Eve if that would help.
LoPhatMelk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Timers - Explanation? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 746
Timers are bugged I think. Your settings are correct. I could never understand what is the problem with timer although.
I have seen in the log as timer switched on its own (like during memory fault). The timer's code is so easy, that it is not possible to break (or repair when it is broken).
Slav2
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: Timers - Explanation? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Slav2 wrote:
Timers are bugged I think. Your settings are correct. I could never understand what is the problem with timer although.
I have seen in the log as timer switched on its own (like during memory fault). The timer's code is so easy, that it is not possible to break (or repair when it is broken).

So what do you suggest we do?
LoPhatMelk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Timers - Explanation? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 746
LoPhatMelk wrote:
Slav2 wrote:

So what do you suggest we do?
1-3 timers linked to computer clock time and works ok.
Slav2
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: Timers - Explanation? 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Alrighty, I can't believe I _still_ don't understand the timers fully, or perhaps it's a bug, but I figured I'd come to the source. I've read the help file numerous times, read all the threads, so forgive me if this has been answered somewhere...

First off: What exactly do the "interval timers" do? I know they randomize something, but what? If possible, give me an example. Let's say I have it set up to turn ON at 5:00 a.m., and OFF at 10:00 a.m., with the interval timer set to 600 (10 minutes). What is the end result? Does this mean it will start and stop within a random range of the given times, that random amount limited by whatever is entered (default is 600 seconds)?

Second question: Do timers 4 and 5 HAVE to have any of timers 1-3 activated? If I _do_ need to have timer 1,2, or 3 activated, can I just set the start/stop time to be equal? Let's say I want it to run for 1-2 hours with a 15-30 minute idle time for 10-20 minutes. This would happen regardless of when I run the program, like if I'm just stepping out for awhile. I am guessing this means timer 4 would be:
ON:60-120
OFF:15-30 (idle checked)

Last question: Assume I'd like to set it up so it runs for 2-3 hours with a 30-60 minute break (logoff) in there. I assume timer 5 would be:
ON:120-180
OFF:30-60

If both 4 and 5 are enabled, will this do both?

Sorry for the lengthy and detailed questions, I'm just so confused by what looks straightforward, even after trying it out a few times. Starting and stopping seems to have no problems, it's this random login/out thing which has me scratching my head...

Thanks in advance!
dummymang
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/10/07 01:19 By dummymang.Reason: Realized intervals only set for timers 1-3, stupid question removed

Go to topPage: 12345678...12
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2021
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin