Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player
Re:Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
I understand your question but I will not disclose this on the forum. There is to much to loose if these addresses are blocked by CCP. You will need to do your own research but most VPN providers will give you what you are looking for. Just make sure that you use a unique VPN account for each of the VPN computers and make sure you select a different city or country for the address given to you.

A note worth remembering is that your miners should be disposable characters. Never mine with characters that, if lost, would severely impact your game performance or enjoyment. Any characters I have that have a greater value to me other than mining DO NOT mine.
Dinky
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Bump! I would like to know what VPN service you guy(s) are using. Thx!
siggiepop
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 821
siggiepop wrote:
Bump! I would like to know what VPN service you guy(s) are using. Thx!I think better to find your own vpn, because otherwise you will share part of IP/full IP with other botters. Also, if you was banned, use virtual machine and if you used reinstall it from scratch just in case if CCP records hardware IDs/machine name/current username and continue looking for user's activity after ban.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
MAC address is lost at the first hop; routing after that is done by IP address so you're not really accomplishing anything with the MAC thing. Actually it's not lost it's held in a table at the first hop (i.e. router) and paired up with the IP address so the two-way communication can happen. Using a VPN does not change this; MAC addresses are not used beyond the first hop and you are going to be at least four hops from CCP's border (reality is more like eight).
Danyul
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 13 Years ago Karma: 0
OK guys ... i am not exactly sure why you have 5 network cards.

a) your MAC address is not sent to CCP
b) each VM has its own unique MAC address due to it being an emulated Intel 100mbit Eth card Driver (do an IPCONFIG /All and see for yourself)
C) your MAC is not sent past the last ARP requester in your network (i.e. your default gateway ... or in layman terms ... your router)
c) all the VPN stuff you guys are doing can be accomplished via software

the long and short of it is that you:

A) build a VPN connection to whatever service you want to go to
B ) bridge the connection to one of the VMWARE Virtual Ethernet cards on the host OS
C) NAT that interface with VMWARE (or even bridge it)
D) Profit !!!

Tell ya what ... i am rebuilding my farm over the next week ... i will do some a sort of tutorial.

The way i set mine up you can start the entire farm at once, and view each instance remotely with a built-in VNC client

I have had it running ghost-miner for a while now but i have grown tired of the lack of innovation of that platform. I am hoping to use this system for some nice fleet mining bot work
imabotterfreak
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/06/19 08:16 By imabotterfreak.

Re: Hiding yopur IP Address when using VM Player 13 Years ago Karma: 821
imabotterfreak wrote:
a) your MAC address is not sent to CCP Some information is sent to CCP. You cannot start two eve clients in trial mode for example on the same computer.
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Go to topPage: 1234
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2024
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin