Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: VMware causing BSOD
VMware causing BSOD 4 Months ago Karma: 9
BSOD = blue screen of death

So I just built my new PC with very little installed so I don't see what (if anything) is causing a conflict. My host machine is running win10.

I follow the instructions provided in the help file exactly but when I launch the VM the PC instantly goes blue screen. I disabled all the Windows Defender stuff and then it allowed the VM to start to launch before getting "C:\\user\....\vm01.vmdk" has internal consistency errors. It then asks if "Do you wish to repair the disk and continue?"

Upon clicking YES I get an instant BSOD, and upon clicking NO I get "the specified virtual disk needs repair" and it also says "module disk power on failed. Failed to start the virtual machine". I don't get a BSOD then but it takes me back to "power on this virual machine" and "edit virtual machine settings" options.

I have installed nothing other than EVE, Steam, a few steam games, VMWare workstation (obviously), evepilot, chrome, and my video card drivers. I have no antivirus or anything that should be interfering (aside from windows built in antivirus where I disabled everything I could).

EDIT: I already went into BIOS and already turned on the virtualization option so I don't think this is the issue. Does the bot still work on win7 tiny? I found an old iso on an external HD.
Killara
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2021/06/22 14:00 By Killara.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VMware causing BSOD 4 Months ago Karma: 757
EVE will not work on 32 bit windows. About BSOD it is a driver/hardware issue probably. Yoou should create dump file, then use something like whocrashed to figure out what is the source of a problem
Slav2
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2021/06/22 21:47 By Slav2.
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: VMware causing BSOD 4 Months ago Karma: 9
Yea I'm stupid. It didn't even occur to me to update drivers other than that of my video cards. If that doesn't work I'll give that other stuff a shot. Thanks for the help!
Killara
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2021/06/23 22:18 By Killara.Reason: I suck at words

Re: VMware causing BSOD 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 9
Took way longer than expected to get the BSOD issue resolved and had to do a few things. I bought a vmware key for version 16 and I downloaded a clean win7 iso (no updates or anything) and things seemed to resolve itself. I now just have two questions.

1: Do I need to use a proxy if I use a VPN in the VM? I know very little where proxies are involved. If so, do I need to run a VPN on the host machine?

2: Do I need to download any specific updates to make the bot run? I only installed update KB4474419 to get VM tools installed properly.
Killara
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2021/09/03 05:31 By Killara.Reason: cause stuff and whatnot

Re: VMware causing BSOD 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 757
1) You should run vpn inside virtual machine. Also don't forget to tune ip guard (in menu->tools) so if vpn fails and reveal your host IP, bot will not start eve.

2) Use windows from microsoft. I think it has latest updates
Slav2
Admin
graph
Send logs to my mail - with subject 'log files' to pass spam filter.
How to record logs in knowledge base

Re: VMware causing BSOD 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 9
Thanks much Slav, having to relearn lots of stuff since I haven't used a PC much in the last 5 years. I'll give that OS a shot.
Killara
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2021
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin