Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Hardware Requirements for running Bot on VMware 7
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Hardware Requirements for running Bot on VMware 7
Hardware Requirements for running Bot on VMware 7 7 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I am still wondering, how demanding running a bot in VMware is.
Currently I have a PC with the following parameters doing the job:

- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
- 20 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti
- 256 GB SSD
- Windows 7 64Bit

I can run 4 VMs simultanously, each with 2GB RAM and one virtual CPU with one core.
All four VMs are running smooth, but the overall CPU load is 70%!
For the GPU the average load is only 30% what is OK.

My question is, if this hardware really is needed to run these 4 Bots or if there is somewhere a bottleneck in my (virtual) setup I shout hunt down?

Any feedback is welcome!

Thanks,
Cyrano
Cyrano
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hardware Requirements for running Bot on VMware 7 7 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T = 6core, 3.3ghz

I run a 4core 3.1ghz and I pull about 90% CPU load, I also completely optimized my computer to handle VM's and have zero processes not necessary to keep the main OS running along with the VM's. A rough estimate along with not knowing what else you potentially have running on your computer it sounds about right. I use(d) just as many VM's as you.

Your ram obviously isn't the issue, I manage with 8gb. Neither is the video card the issue as I ran with a video card that literally had a quarter of the power yours has (until I recently upgraded).

You may want to consider consolidating your bots onto fewer VM's but I personally wouldn't put more than three bots on a single VM with only 2GB of allocated ram. Although since you have plenty of ram you could allocate more ram to each VM and increase the number of bots per VM, Increasing your total unused ram but, decreasing the amount of CPU used (by how much I'm unsure).

These are just suggestions I personally found to work for ME, your results may vary.
Killara
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/01/18 09:50 By Killara.

Re: Hardware Requirements for running Bot on VMware 7 7 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I decided to run only one bot per VM just for security issues.
Each Vm has a unique mac address and a dedicated vpn tunnel.

Earlier I got 4 bots (banned) for some reason. I suppose it was too easy to correlate them (no vpn, one machine).

So, if this is not only my situation with these performance results, I am fine with it. I just wanted to check, if my old(er) equipment is somehow to be improved. I was thinking to buy a 4770T for more CPU power and less power consumption, but I think I will stay with my AMD for now.

Thanks,
Cyrano
Cyrano
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/01/20 04:23 By Cyrano.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Slav2
© Macro Laboratory 2021
All rights reserved!
Design by Ivan Kozyrin